Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lately

My blog is boring. Maybe that's because the only things that I think about putting up here are crazy thoughts that are better left in my head or angry rants that would be a waste of time typing out.

I've been busy lately. Busier than I've been in quite some time. I reached my limit last Friday morning and had a melt down. It's funny to me (in hindsight, of course) that these things sneak up on me. The straw that broke the camel's back was a flat tire.

Looking back on it, there's really no reason for me to have flipped out the way that I did about a tire, but it was the last thing that I needed that day. What made me grateful to "only" have had a flat tire was hearing a fire truck outside my apartment, going outside to see what all the commotion was about and seeing firemen busting out all of the windows of a car that had caught fire in the middle of the night.

At that moment, I was thankful that it wasn't my car on fire. I was also thankful that the owner decided to park far away from my car that night, when I would typically be right next to the car or within a space or two. And that my dad didn't yell at me for waking him up at 1:45 in the morning to tell him about it.

Soon enough I won't have anything to worry about for a while again. I'm looking forward to it, but I know that after a day or two I'll be looking for something to occupy my time again. One day at a time, right?

No comments: