Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Moving.

Yep. I've given up on good old O-Town and I'm moving to sunny Mexico. I'm contemplating not even going back home. Ever. I'll just have someone pack my things for me. Or better yet, sell them. I don't need much more than what I brought with me. My lease is almost up...

I could not be having a better time. And I'm working! The food is fantastic. I've had some of the best guacamole in my life. It really gives Chipotle guac a run for its money. And the churros...

Last time I was here, my very last night in the hotel, I couldn't figure out what to eat. I'd had everything on the menus twice and nothing sounded appetizing. So I ordered the crazy combination of shrimp cocktail and churros. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I took my first bite of the churros. You can imagine my excitement when I found out that I was coming back here. Churros have been on my mind for the last six months. I'm pretty sure, if I haven't already, I'll be eating my weight in them. I don't know what's better: the fact that they are so fresh or the chocolate sauce that accompanies them.

And the people are so nice. I realize that it's their job to be nice to me and all, but they don't give you the "I'm only doing this because I have to and don't want to get in trouble" vibe. They are just so accommodating and kind and will do anything for you. I told one waiter that I wasn't used to being treated so well; I just don't know how to behave myself! I mean, I remember people, especially if they make an impression. But it blows my mind that the staff of the hotel remember that our team was here two years ago. In fact, one of the waiters asked about me a couple of months ago when people from my office were here. That's love. ;-)

My brother is already here. I just need to convince my parents that they should move, too. They have the beach, so my mom will be perfectly happy. Satellite Beach is great and all, but it doesn't hold a candle to Cabo. I'm sorry. And my dad... well, he's happy whenever my mom's happy.

So then it's settled. Anyone else want to join?

No comments: