Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oh Mexico...

I'm going to miss Cabo. It's strange that I've been here almost two weeks. In some ways, it feels like I just arrived and in other ways I feel like I've been here for months. I'm looking foward to seeing my family (the ones in the U.S. anyway), but I'm going to miss the great people I've become reaquainted with.

A few highlights:
- The shrimp. I've had it, on average, once a day. I don't know what it is about being here, but every time I would read a menu, whatever they were doing to shrimp jumped out at me. I wouldn't say that I've given up meat though.
- The fantastic weather. It's hot, but breezy, which makes you want to be out by the pool or on the beach allllllllll day long.
- The service at the hotel. Top notch, I tell you. If you ever go to Cabo, stay the Hilton Los Cabos. You will not be disappointed. And if he didn't look under age, I might be bringing a Mexican waiter back to the states with me in my suitcase.
- The view I wake up to every morning. It's just indescribable. And the fact that I can be standing in the shower and looking out at the Sea of Cortez's blue, blue water isn't bad either.
- The compliments. The attendees are thrilled with the program that we've put together. It's always nice to hear that people are happy with what you worked so very hard on.
- The churros. I'm having a moment of silence for them right now. They are a.maz.ing.

A lowlight... or five:
- Not being able to play on my iPhone and use my apps (namely WWF and Shazam. Watch out Sky Harbor. I can't wait to tap in to you WiFi!)
- The flies. They're as big as birds sometimes. I don't understand it.
- The language barrier. It's my own fault. I should really try to learn to speak Spanish. It would make life so much easier and more interesting.
- The fact that I'm probably not going to get anymore pool time before leaving.
- The frigid air blowing right on me all day, every day in the office.

One of the people that's helped us with the planning is from Cuernavaca. He was the nicest person the last time we were here and has definitely stolen a little piece of my heart because of Coley. We talked about Cuernavaca and where Coley's been. He actually lived in Salt Lake City for a while, so he told me he has lots of Mormon friends. And he told me I was "really cool" with his little accent. How can you not love someone who thinks you're cool?!

Coley's been telling me all of the places that he wants to visit after he gets home. I added Cabo to his list. He will not be disappointed. For now, he's busy getting used to being a District Leader. Did you hear?

No comments: