Monday, January 17, 2011

Preacher Cookies

First of all, I'm on some sort of blogging role. I don't know where it's coming from or how long it'll last, but I'm just going with it.

A couple of weeks ago I needed to make some sort of something to thank a member of my ward for teaching my class for me for the three weeks I wasn't able to around the holiday. I saw him my first Sunday back to church and made sure to let him know that I hadn't had time yet, but would make good on my promise. That week.

I'd been racking my brain for days trying to figure out what to make. These days you never can tell if someone has some sort of allergy that will kill them, so I was afraid of making something that could cause some sort of adverse reaction. What pressure!

Around the same time, a friend of mine mentioned that she had a Christmas present for and wanted to get together so she could give it to me. At first I thought "Oh crap! I only got Christmas presents for my immediate family, but we never really had that conversation. And it's stupid to go out and buy a Christmas present two weeks after Christmas. That's definitely cheating." Then it dawned on me. Preacher cookies! (For those who don't know... Chocolate. Peanut butter. Oatmeal. Enough said.) She loves them and, even though she has the recipe, loves them even more when I make them. (Everything tastes better when you didn't make it for yourself, you know.)

Two birds? One stone? Yes, please! Sort of.

I had one from that batch, just to make sure it wasn't poisonous, and gave them all away. But then it turns out that they were poison. Poison for my waistline! A week later I found myself jonesing for some Preacher Cookies! I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't and made another batch. Even while making them, I kept telling myself "I have no business making these things because I don't need them. I just ran a freaking half marathon! These are the very last thing that I need!"

I did take some to work, but for the most part, I've eaten almost the entire batch by myself. I've had at least four tonight alone. AFTER A THREE MILE RUN TODAY!!! Way to negate every step of that run, Jac. Way. To. Go. Jillian Michaels would probably tell me to throw the rest away. I mean, that seems logical, right? Just get rid of the temptation. But I can't. They're too tasty! I've never liked these little devils more. So my plan is to just finish them off, maybe even take some more to work tomorrow to speed up the process, and then get it together. My jeans and dresses and lungs during runs will thank me. Maybe even the scale will, too, but I'm not trying to be completely unrealistic.

P.S. If you don't have, but desperately need, the recipe, let me know. You will and won't thank me later.

No comments: