Monday, January 11, 2010

The Good News

It's WAY past my bedtime, but my mind is racing. Even after writing in my journal, I can't seem to calm down enough to go to sleep. I don't know if these things would necessarily be considered "news" or not, but they're certainly good. I think so, at least.

  • The only real New Year's resolution that I set was to read the Ensign, a magazine that my church puts out, from cover to cover each month. I'm already quite pleased with what it's done for me. This article was exactly what I needed and put things into perspective for me. The morning after reading it, I called my mom and when she asked me how I was doing, I said "Better than I have been in a long time." And I get better than that every day.
  • Over the weekend, I was out shopping with a friend and happened upon a purse that I liked, but wasn't sure I was ready to spend the money on. When I couldn't stop thinking about it, I knew I had to have it. I went after work today to pick it up and thank goodness I didn't wait any longer. There were only two left and I managed to get it for 29% of the original price. You have to realize that I'm not the wait-until-it-goes-on-sale kind of shopper. When I want something, I just get it. If it's on sale, it's just a bonus for me. Well, this was a SUPER bonus and I'm so excited about it. Isn't it pretty?!
  • For Christmas, I got a laptop and I was finally able to get my wireless working in my apartment. I'm pretty proud of myself that I got all of this connected and actually working with little help. Now if I can just get my music transferred over from my overloaded desktop, I'll be set. Baby steps...
  • On Thursday I leave for my first trip of the year. It appears that 2010 will be a decent year for travel for me. My first stop will be in Atlanta for work and other trips that I've got in the works are to Nashville, DC, California, and a cruise. We're not even two weeks into the year and I've already got the majority of my vacation days earmarked. Afterall, there's no sense in letting them go to waste.
  • It's supposed to be warming up by the end of the week, but I'm sad that I'll be gone before we are back in the 70's. For the first time since I lived in Tallahassee, I had to use my electric blanket. Thank heaven for the inventor of those things. I might have died of hypothermia without it the past few nights. Have I mentioned that I don't like to be cold? Even now, my fingers feel like they could break off if I hit the keys too hard. I'm already ready for summer again, but this is me "practicing patience." Do you think that if I perfect this skill if it'll stay warm?
  • And I'm always proud of my brother. He's been gone almost nine months now. I can't believe how quickly it's gone by. Tomorrow, he'll turn 20 and as much as I wish that we were going to Texas Roadhouse for steak to celebrate, I know that this will be a birthday that he'll always remember, for reasons other than a meal. He's doing great, is as happy as I've ever known him, and has been mistaken for being from Mexico (which he considers a compliment, by the way).

Quite frankly, 2010 is shaping up quite nicely. It's been busy so far and my guess is that it's going to stay that way, which I'm happy about.

I guess my inability to sleep well during a meeting has set in a couple of days early. Gotta love the Big Girl Job...

No comments: