Thursday, February 11, 2010

Roses Are Red, Jake Is A Goof

I started writing about The Bachelor last week, but ended up hating what I wrote and deleted it all. After the last episode, this is where I'm at:

- I'm shocked that Ali left, but thought her big production was a bit stupid. And anti-climactic, considering that the previews all boasted that "for the first time in Bachelor history (a actual first, not just a teaser to suck people in), there would be no rose ceremony." After her big confession about her job, one could easily conclude that she was going home. Or that he was going to pick her on the spot and send the remaining three packing. Pronto. AS IF the producers would've let that happen...

- What is Gia still doing there? I like to hope that she would've gone home had Ali decided to stay. She just gets on my nerves and I think he just likes to make out with her so that later on he can brag to his pilot friends that he made out with a model. A needy one.

- At this point, Tenley is my front-runner. And I think that they'd like you to believe that she's Jake's also, since he asked her dad if he could marry his daughter. She was the only one that he did that for during the hometown dates, that they showed us anyway. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the rumors and spoilers I've heard are wrong.

- I don't even know what to say about Vienna, other than that she's a hot mess. She's just too much ground to even begin to cover and I still don't understand what he sees in her. I imagine that if Rozlyn hadn't hooked up with a staffer, she'd probably have made it to this point too. And I might have given up on the show altogether.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am NEVER going on that show. I'd rather be single for the rest of my life than to deal with any of that. I'm probably not interesting enough to even make it on the show, but I certainly wouldn't be able to bring myself to beg for someone's attention and I doubt the love-it-or-leave-it attitude would get me very far. I probably wouldn't even be able to be the bachelorette sifting through 25 guys to find "the one." Thanks, but no thanks.

Unfortunately, I'm hooked for now. Thank goodness there are only three more episodes. How does this happen to me every single season?! Oh, that's right. I have no self-control! ;-)

1 comment:

britrussl said...

*sigh* me neither. no self-control. i'm totally hooked. and this liiiiiittle piece of me still hopes ali's the one. :)