Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Out With The Old

On the eve of my 28th birthday, I can't help but reflect on the past year. I've experiences some high highs and lows lower than I ever thought possible. I will certainly look back on the year I was 27 with great fondness, but I'm just now (yes, 3 hours before I was forced to) ready to leave 27 behind. I'm fairly certain that I will remember more good times from being 27 than not-so-good times.

To this point in my life, it has been my favorite age to be. I can only hope that 28 is even better. I know that I have every intention of trying to achieve that. Things happen for a reason. Of that, I am certain. The reason that they happen, though, I may never know. All I can do is appreciate the experience. And I do. I just may not always show it. That's something I'll be working on.

I certainly can't complain. I have fantastic parents and a brother so fun that people have actually asked if I'd trade with them. I have a good job, I'm healthy, I have great friends, and I a stronger testimony than I ever have before. I may not have EVERYTHING that I thought I would or that I want right this minute, but I'm in a decent place. I'm realizing that what I do have is what I'm supposed to have right now. The other things will fall in to place when they're supposed to.

So here's to... well, me. :-)

No comments: