Monday, June 8, 2009

Life's To Do (And Don't) Lists

I’m crazy, therefore I have crazy ideas. I try to keep them in, but sometimes I just have to let it out. This is today’s sampling:

I never…

  • Want to have a child before graduating from college. I just don't think those are things that I could juggle well. Thankfully, I’ve already graduated, but my hat's off to people who can do it.
  • Want to go bungee jumping. I don't want to jump off of anything with a rope tied to me.
  • Smoke. Anything. It’s just gross. Although, when I’m stressed, I dream that I’m smoking. And I like to be able to say that I’ve never ever smoked.
  • Want to have dentures. I don't know how they stay in place and I’m afraid that they wouldn't. No amount of goo is going to replace the way your actual teeth are locked into your gums/jaw/whatever it is.
  • Plan on having plastic surgery. I think about it at times, but don't really want to not be completely natural. That’s always the little detail that snaps me back to reality. And I don't ask to be in any pain for any period of time.
  • Want to get fired (my dad firing me while I worked for him doesn't count). Not that I think that anyone really starts a job saying “I can’t wait until they fire me!”
  • Want to be on the Biggest Loser. Jillian is bad enough to deal with for 30 minutes of my choosing.
  • Want to get old. I go places and see old people that can’t move around as easily or quickly and think that I would just have a really hard time not being as agile as I am right now. I just dread losing those sorts of abilities.
  • Plan on hyphenating my last name once I get married. I’ve got enough letters to deal with and I don’t need any more.

At some point in my life, I want…

  • To travel, especially throughout Europe.
  • To marry a good guy who loves me for me, who doesn’t have to say it because it’s written all over his face; who doesn’t care what we’re doing as long as we’re together.
  • To be married at least a year before trying to start a family. You never get that one-on-one, newlywed time back and I want to enjoy every minute of it.
  • To be a good mom and give my kiddos everything they deserve, but not necessarily everything that they want.
  • To eventually live in a house that has a room with white carpet, walls, window treatments, furniture and a shiny, black baby grand as the focal point.
  • To take piano lessons again. I'm rusty and would love to play better than I do. I just don't want to have to be in the recitals with the little kids playing better than I can.
  • To be in a situation where I can work when and if I want to, not because I'm forced to.
  • To pay off my stupid credit cards.
  • To get a master’s.
  • For my family to be easily accessible.
  • To live in a warm climate. I can’t stand to be cold.
  • To set foot in all 50 states, if only for just a couple of minutes.
  • To become a better cook. Currently, I’ve got about four recipes in my repertoire and my horizons are in need of being expanded.

Whew! I feel better already.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'll admit your first name is a little bit long in letters, but your last name pales in comparison to mine. Hyphenation for me was never an option, no matter how hideous a name I marry into. I do remember contemplating becoming Jennifer Dix at one point!!!