Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sneaky

All girls like flowers. I don’t care who you are. Even those girls who claim that they “just die” or they’re too cliché or the “easy way out” like them. I think they just say that to try to make themselves feel better when they don’t get them, but secretly wanted them. I freely admit that I like them and like them best when they’re least expected.

On Tuesday, I got home a little later than normal and found a note on my front door from UPS. If you know me, you know that I have the most curious personality. If there’s information that I’m missing, I’ll stop at nothing to get every little piece until I’m satisfied. I just can’t help myself! Anyway… I wracked my brain trying to figure out what it could possibly be. I’d ordered a few things recently, but thought I knew where everything was being shipped. I even tried tracking the package to see if I could get a clue there, but nothing rang any bells.

At 5:20 on Wednesday afternoon, I was packed up and ready to head home. After all, I had a package to pick up! As I was driving, I was talking to The Boyfriend about how I had this mystery package waiting for me and no idea where it came from. We were still on the phone as the woman in my complex’s office pulled the box out of the closet. There’s only one thing that comes in a 1-800-flowers box and it isn’t Post-It Notes. When I asked him “Did you send me flowers?” he said “No!” as though I was completely crazy for thinking such a thing. I was so confused and clearly this was written all over my face because the girl in the office said “You’re supposed to smile when you get flowers.” All I could say was that I was really confused.

To keep his story straight, The Boyfriend then said “I want to know who’s sending you flowers!” You and me both! I was starting to get really nervous. The last thing I need is a stalker! Needless to say, I couldn’t wait until getting into my apartment to find out what the card said. I was excited (and relieved) to find that they were, in fact, from The Boyfriend. Had that been from someone else, I’m not sure who would’ve been in more trouble.

He likes to make fun of me for answering “I’m not really sure… ” when people ask how this all happened. Obviously we view how things happened differently. I was completely oblivious and eventually seeing where the ride would take me. He, on the other hand, was a man on a mission. Thankfully he was persistent. And though I frequently ask him “How did we get here?!” when he lets a little more of the crazy out, those how-did-we-get-here moments are some of my favorites.

I really didn’t want for every post to be about The Boyfriend, since he’s there for practically every event that I’d want to write about. Today, I couldn’t help myself.

Thanks, babe. I couldn’t be happier. :-)

The stem broke off of this one, so I had to put it on my desk at work.

1 comment:

Jen said...

The Boyfriend scores major kudos. And I think you were probably a cat in another life, you're so curious :)

PS- I agree, all girls love getting flowers... Unless it's from a stalker. Then it's just creepy.