Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New in town

I know this guy who's a pretty decent blogger and he's always telling me that I should write one. Being the avid blog-stalker that I am, I just haven't felt like my life was as exciting as all those folks that I visit on an almost-daily basis for my "fix." So I'm giving it a whirl... again. After all, this isn't my first rodeo. I had a blog a few years ago, when it wasn't all the rage, though it didn't get much attention. It has since been deleted, so don't go looking for it. Even I can't seem to locate it.

I'm pretty low-key. I don't have any kids on the way or already here to post pictures of and update people on. I'm not getting married, so I don't have wedding plans to tell the world about. I'm not newly married, so I don't have mushy honeymoon or cute newlywed stories to tell. What I do have, though, is a pretty great boyfriend and we tend to entertain each other. He entertains me at least...

Take our second date for instance... We were going to a movie, but had some time beforehand and decided to get some dessert. As we were waiting to order at Marble Slab, he said to me "What do they have here?" My response was simple: "Ice cream...?" I mean, there were big vats of it inside the clear glass cases in front of us! His eyes got as big as tennis balls and he yelled "No way! WHERE ARE WE?!" as he ran out the door of the establishment to check the sign above the store front. All I could do was laugh at him. The girl trying to help us, however, was not amused in the least bit.

After the ice cream incident, we went to see "He's Just Not That Into You." Now, don't be fooled. Just because it was only our second date, don't think that he just went because it's what I wanted to do and he was being a gentleman. I mean, he is a gentleman, but his eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas morning when I threw the title out there. Anyway. The movie was pretty awful and we decided that Scarlett Johansson can only be a home-wrecker in movies. Don't get me wrong. She's good at it. But who wants to watch that? Toward the end of the movie, he actually tried to blame me for making us watch it. Me! No way. I blame him.

Thank goodness he was into me. And still is, I think...

2 comments:

The Boyfriend said...

I still say it was all your idea to watch He's Just Not That Into You. I could see in your eyes that you just love the work of Scarlett Johansson, and that you would be remiss if you didn't see this offering. I like to help out where I can.

Jacquelyn said...

There are only 2 reasons why I didn't get you the DVD for your birthday. 1) It came out 2 days after your birthday and 2) I figured you had already pre-ordered it. You don't have to hide it from me.