Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Car Alarm

Our friend, A, had a birthday on Sunday. We were going to see her at church, so we took a birthday card to her. Sometime during the first two hours of church, I realized that I left the card in the car. Not wanting my mom to scold me, I tried to think of the best time to run out to the car and get it. My dad still needed to sign it and A likes to sneak out as soon as she's finished playing the piano in Primary, so I knew that I had to either leave during the lesson in the last hour or really be fast right after church was over.

To be on the safe side, I decided to sneak out during the closing hymn in Relief Society and then go find my dad, roaming the halls somwhere, and get him to sign the card. Then I'd have to catch A before she left. It was a perfect plan and should work out nicely. Or so I thought. My mom's van was parked right outside of where she teaches the Laurel class (16- and 17-year-old girls), where we typically park every week.


Instead of interrupting her class, I used my key to get in the vehicle. I must've unlocked and opened the door too quickly because as soon as I did, the horn started blowing. It wasn't like I reached through the window, unlocked the door and opened it that way. I had a key!!! All I could think was "I have got to make this stop. She's going to kill me when she finds out that it's me making all the noise!" I finally got the alarm turned off and am still confused as to why it even did that. Once that was taken care of, I quickly noticed that the card wasn't even in the van. She had taken it in with her afterall! Thankfully, she just laughed about hearing it, even thinking it sounded familiar, but telling herself that it couldn't be her car because she hadn't touched her keys.

I guess that's because we're all older. It's funny how the dynamics between parents and childrem change when they're all adults. Most of the time, anyway... :-)


P.S. Blogger was a bear tonight with the formatting. It better be fixed by the next time I want to blog.

No comments: